Eating after the fast of 8-9 hours makes the breakfast one of the important meal of the day, there’s a popular saying “eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper”. When we wake up in the morning, our energy levels are super low and we need to boost our energy in healthier options, so healthy breakfast recipes that we will discuss here definitely gives you plenty of options in the breakfast to kick start your day in a healthier way.
Here we come with top 5 my picks of healthy breakfast recipes that are super easy to make, nutritious and very tasty.
Besan ka Cheela
This is super amazing and healthy breakfast recipe loaded with vegetables, gram flour (besan) rich in complex carbohydrates that will keep you full for longer duration period of time and it’s also high in protein though incomplete protein but still best option for vegetarians or anyone who wants to start their day on a healthy note. It has fewer calories compared to the wheat flour which also helps in your goals of fat loss. Next time ditch paranthas or white bread/brown bread and try besan ka cheela for its super amazing health benefits.
- Take 1-2 cups of gram flour ( besan) and chopped vegetables such as onion, tomatoes, spinach, etc. and then add spices according to your choice.
- Put water in a bowl and mix all these ingredients to make a smooth and consistent batter.
- Heat ½ spoon oil on tawa or non-sticky pan and then spread the batter evenly on it.
- Cook for few seconds and then turn upside until it appears brown and crispy on both sides and your besan ka cheela is ready.
Now, whenever you hear the name of oats then the first thing that comes to your mind is that it is not tasty but trust me you can make it super tasty with some customisation. Oats are the powerful food on this planet with tons of health benefits, check our earlier post for its health benefits.
- Take 1 cup of oats and remember here we are talking about plain oats not masala oats so make sure that it must be plain oats with no other ingredients in the ingredients list.
- Add 1 cup low fat milk and 1 cup water and boil it first then reduce heat to low and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- After oats are cooked, you can add here fruits such as banana/ apple and also add any nuts such as walnuts, almonds or peanuts for healthy options.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon which helps to control your blood sugar level and you can also add ½ spoon honey i.e. optional.
- To increase the protein content of the meal, you can also add here ½ scoop whey protein if you are using whey protein supplement.
Eggs bhurji and whole wheat roti
One of the best breakfast options for those who are non-vegetarians, eggs are source of complete protein and we all know proteins are the building blocks of life so eating a good amount of protein in the breakfast with the whole wheat roti which is a source of complex carbohydrates will help you to control your cravings in the later part of the day.
Take 2 egg white and 2 whole eggs for the eggs bhurji and also add vegetables of your choice and cook in the non-stick pan with no extra oil added or cook in ½-1 spoon oil/ghee and eat with the whole wheat roti.
Also do, check our youtube channel @ www.youtube.com/tradinginhealth .